THE MANNINGHAM STUDENT TRUST AND NFSPS CONTESTS
Rules of Entry – 2016
1. There are two divisions: Grades 6-8 (Junior Division) and 9-12 (Senior Division). Poems may have been printed and have won previous awards.
2. This competition is open to all students attending school in our state including public, private, and parochial schools. Only ONE entry per student is allowed.
3. Submit two copies of each poem. Put division (junior or senior) in the upper left corner of both copies. FIRST copy must have student's ID in the upper right corner including: student name, teachers full name, school name and address, and student grade level. Also include this acceptable declaration of originality statement on the bottom of the ID COPY ONLY: I certify that this poem is my original work and has not been copied in whole or part from any author's poems in print or on the internet. Signed: _________________________
The SECOND copy must not have any ID information. (ISFPC would also like the home addresses in order to mail each Indiana winner an honorary year’s subscription to its newsletter, Indiana Poet.)
4. Each poem should be neatly typed or computer-generated, single spaced, have a title and no more than 50 lines. If the poem continues on more than one page, staple pages together.
5. PLEASE, no large print, illustrations or unusual type fonts (i.e. gothic, script, etc.) Best fonts are Times New Roman or Arial and no larger than 12 point.
6. Separate copies with no ID from those with ID, placing originals on the top. Identification should not be on the back of the poem.
7. Entries should be postmarked no later than January 31, 2017
SEND ENTRIES TO:
Linda Eaton, Manningham Chair
7543 East 300 South
Elwood, IN 46036
8. State Prizes in each division: 1st $25; 2nd $15; and 3rd $10. Places 4-10 Honorable Mention Certificates. NOTE: ISFPC’S ranking of Indiana’s winners will have no bearing on National Manningham’s Judging. NOTE: ISFPC will send other qualifying poems of merit to the high school contest sponsored by the National Federation of State Poetry Societies (NFSPS).
Indiana Schools will give out State and (if any) National Manningham Awards in May.
9. NATIONAL AWARDS: 1st $75; 2nd $50; 3rd $40; 4th $35; and 5th $30. Places 6-10 will receive Honorable Mentions of $10 each. Winning Poems in the national contest will be published and each national winner and his/her school will receive a complimentary awards booklet. State winners are honorary members of ISFPC for one year.
The only poems eligible for awards in the National Manningham Contest are those selected by ISFPC as the top 10 in each division.
CAREFULLY CHECK FOR COMPLIANCE WITH THE RULES